Sunday, December 14, 2014

i remember, because cancer won't take him away from me.

i remember when i could sleep.
when we had our whole future planned and were counting down the days.
i remember when your head start hurting.
and the thought of a brain tumor never crossed my mind.
but it had definitely hit yours.
i remember the things we planned that now are blurry vision covered by X-rays.
i remember planning our wedding & the tears that would fall from your eyes.
i remember looking over the city arguing over what we wanted to name our kids.
i remember  you telling me you want to give me the world.
and now you may not be in this cruel world long enough  to do that.
i remember when you took my summer.
and i now i can't even decide if i want it back.
i remember our big  bed with the whitest sheets  that would  feel cool against our burning hearts.
i remember the night i ended it and how you still kissed me.
i remember you waited for my heart to figure itself out because i sure as hell couldn't.
nothing can take you away from my memory not even a million tumors.
i remember when i was 17 and didn't have to remember and only plan.

3 comments:

  1. Sad:( love hurts like a b. And cancer sucks and I hope it works out in the end and ur plans come true

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is heart wrenching.

    i remember our big bed with the whitest sheets that would feel cool against our burning hearts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry.

    "i remember when you took my summer."

    ReplyDelete